Want your kids to eat more greens? These green smoothie 'Slimesicles' are the fun way to do it! No colouring, no processed sugar and zero artificial flavour. They’re naturally sweet and just a handful of spinach adds lots of bonus nutrients and creates an awesome vibrant green. With pineapple, banana and orange as the base, they taste fruity and delicious, and we guarantee no one will taste the spinach.
Just like a smoothie, ‘slimesicles’ are incredibly easy to make. Simply throw everything in the blender jug (including the pineapple core) and blitz. The powerful Vibe Blender System will get it all so smooth that the spinach will be completely undetectable. No green flecks in sight! When it’s smoothie-like, pour the mixture into any popsicle mould you have, insert the sticks and let your freezer do the rest. Patience is the hardest part. Then watch how the novelty of a frozen treat makes eating greens so much more palatable!
You can turn any green smoothie recipe into a cold popsicle treat or choose to substitute or add other fruit. Light coloured fruits such as mango work best. Note, you will lose the vivid green colour if you include bold coloured fruit or berries.
Makes: approx. 1 litre of smoothie for 8 popsicles.
1 small pineapple
1 ripe banana
2 handfuls of baby spinach
1-2 tablespoons of honey or maple syrup (optional)
1. Peel and chop and the fruit.
2. Place the fruit into the Vibe Blender jug then top with spinach leaves
3. Secure the lid on and blend on ‘smoothie’ mode for 30 seconds.
4. Open the lid. Scrape the sides if necessary. Taste test for sweetness. Add some honey or maple syrup and then blend of a few seconds.
5. Pour into moulds and the place into the freezer for 4-6 hours or overnight.
6. Drink any remaining smoothie mixture.