Fresh pesto has to be one of the most well-loved sauces in the world. We love it mixed through pasta or with chicken or pizzas, but it also makes one of the most tasty dips to eat with fresh vegetables or flatbread.
Fresh is always best in our opinion and making dips in the Vibe Blender is not only really easy but it takes next to no time, so you don’t need to be caught out with nothing to serve when unexpected guests pop in!
2 big bunches fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup grated parmesan
2 cloves garlic
Juice of 1 Lemon
1/2 olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 long red Chilli, finely sliced
1. Place the basil, pine nuts (leaving a little extra to garnish), parmesan, garlic, lemon juice and salt into the blender jug.
2. Remove the cap from the lid and blend on smoothie mode and medium speed while pouring the olive oil into the jug at the same time.
3. Scrape down the sides and continue to blend until well combined.
4. Adjust the seasoning or consistency if you like.
5. Pour it into a serving dish and garnish with the extra pine nuts, some finely sliced chilli and a little bit more olive oil on top.