Bread lovers rejoice! Following a gluten-free diet doesn’t mean missing out on bread-making! This gluten free bread behaves like the real deal. On the outside it’s got a deliciously crunchy golden crust but on the inside it’s light and chewy, with just enough give to hold in salad ingredients without crumpling in your hands. It’s super simple to make too. A quick whirl in the Vibe Blender yields this no-fuss gluten-free bread without even getting your hands into dough! It’s a great alternative to our popular grain-free nut and seed loaf or flaxseed blender bread.
With this one, we’ve used a tasty flour blend made up of nutritious gluten free grains. For added freshness we even ground the flour in the Vibe blender before we began. This step is completely optional. To get the rise and satisfying flexibility we used flaxseeds, eggs and yeast in the mix. Don’t expect your typical wheat-based bread dough texture which you can actually handle. Instead, you’ll get a thick batter that you simply pour into the pan.
Nothing is as easy as throwing a bunch of ingredients in a blender jug, and that’s exactly what this bread method is all about. We set out to create a light and squidgy bread and prove that gluten-free bread doesn’t have to be dense and flavourless. We hope you enjoy it!
1 ½ cups warm water
1 tablespoon of instant dry yeast
2 tablespoons of honey
¼ cup avocado oil
2 tablespoons of whole golden flaxseeds
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup rice flour
1 ¼ cups of tapioca starch
¾ cup of buckwheat flour
1 ½ teaspoons salt
Sesame seeds or seeds of your choice to sprinkle on top
1. Lightly oil the base and sides of a large loaf pan.
2. Add all the ingredients into the Vibe blender jug in the order listed.
4. Insert the Tamper tool into the lid and secure it on the jug
5. Blend on ‘smoothie’ mode for approximately 50 seconds or until all the dry ingredients is incorporated into a smooth thick batter.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Let the batter rise in the loaf pan in a warm location for 30-40 minutes. The batter should double in size.
8. Preheat oven to 350 F / 180 C.
9. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the top crust is firm and golden.
10. Leave the bread in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool.
11. Let the bread cool completely before slicing to avoid any gumminess.
12. Store sealed in a cool place for 3 days or slice and freeze.Delicious fresh or toasted.